Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Can't figure this out...

Since I'm having trouble posting picture I thought I'd just give a written update on life here. After the break of Christmas vacation we've gotten back into our usual routines.

Nathan marked half way through the school year at last weekend's quarter break. In September I never thought we'd get here but now it's all down hill from here. January and February also mean boys basketball for him. He is coaching the 4th grade team this year with Pastor and Jon coaching the 7-8. We are actually thin on boys in 5-6 so we only have those two teams. The building project is still plugging along. The weather is always a factor. If you want more about that check out his blog at www.stpaulswels.blogspot.com

I'm doing great here too. Last weekend I had an ear infection which is the first ever I remember. Ow! Now I know why babies cry when they have those nasty things. I've done another small sewing project for a friend and am looking at another shortly. Other fun stuff I'm doing to keep busy-volleyball on Wednesday nights with some ladies from church, taking pottery classes in March, and starting a real workout schedule with the thought/plan of run/walking a half marathon in June. Crazy?? Maybe.

Evan and Hans have big news, literally. They have new bunk beds. After watching the classified for about a year we found a set of very nice wooden bunk beds. They are from a military family in the area who were stationed in Germany for 12 years. The brand is Thuka if you want to check it out. They are big enough that hopefully they will last the boys until they head out on their own in 18 odd years. Otherwise, Evan is pretty much done napping which makes me a little sad since I loose my hour of quiet in the afternoons but it is fun to have some time with just Evan too. He is a very logical little boy and has a reason for everything. Most of his reasons crack me up. Hans is quickly trying to catch Evan in talkative-ness jabbers just as much.

Lydia isn't walking yet but it isn't so much because she can't as because she won't. If you try to get her to walk she just gives you this impish smirk and squats down as if to say, "Hmm. Not now." She does walk with her new pink push truck and she's a pro climber and gets up on everything including the bottom bunk in the boys room. Lydia's latest love in dancing. When any of the musical toys we have play their little ditty she bops along and restarts the music when is stops. She even bounces along with commercials on the TV or radio.

I think that catches you up and gives a pretty good picture of life here even without an actual picture. Hopefully I'll post again soon. Hugs to all! :)

No comments: