Thursday, May 26, 2011

sweetheart

A surprise note Lydia left for me.
During the last five and a half years Lydia and I have had our moments. She's strong willed by nature and that nature may have been inherited from me. This school year, however, we have had a lot of time together just the two of us and it's been wonderful. I have loved Lydia from before she was born simply because she's my daughter. I also love Lydia for the person she is. I love how her mind is always questioning things, how she's creative, that she's a little learning sponge, how she loves to help me in the kitchen, that she's caring, and it makes me smile when she states that when she grows up she wants to be "just a momma like you." Next year she goes to kindergarten and, while I know that she's more than ready, I also know I'm going to miss her.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: