Thursday, September 4, 2008

Camp Croix

For as long as I remember I've been camping on Labor Day weekend. Until recently our family of five has headed to the mountains in WY or MT with my brother-in-law Matthew and my dear friend (also his wife :) Kristi. This year we're a little too far to make it to the mountains and back in a weekend. So we took the kids to a place Nathan and I both hold dear in out hearts, Camp Croix. As a child I grew up attending summer camp here and usually camped with my family and other families from our church Labor Day weekend. In high school Nathan and a group of friends began counseling during the summer camp weeks. If you ask either of us about our fondest summer memories some will certainly revolve around Camp Croix. It had been eight years since we'd been to Camp so the trip this past weekend was long overdue.

Friday we headed to Camp with the intent of meeting my parents, Grandma, sister and her family, and youngest brother and his wife for a long weekend of camping. Nathan's parents also came up for the day on Saturday. We had high hopes for the weekend and were not disappointed. Our family was able to stay in one of the cabins there while everyone else had a camper they'd brought along. We gave the kids the option of the tent or cabin but they wanted to be in a cabin since it'd be more like Laura Ingells. The weekend was full of laughing with family, cousins playing, swimming, fishing, fire roasted food, relaxing, and just general fun. The kids didn't want to leave and I can't say the parents did either. It seems like, as long as we're in WI, we've found our new Labor Day weekend destination.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: