Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cookies, Candies, and other Christmas Treats

During the month of December the kids and I spent lots of time baking. At some point each kiddo had some solo time with me in the kitchen and we also teamed up a few projects too. When all was said and done we made 13 kinds of cookies and candies that were used for 20+ gifts for friends and neighbors. I've always enjoyed cooking with my kids (they all had the chance to start helping me by the age 2) but now it's really getting fun as they can do more and are really quite competent with measuring, pouring, cracking eggs, and even using the mixer. Here are a few shots of us at work.

1. Hans and his finished "gingerbread" house.

2. Evan diligently adding more detail to his.

3. The boys showing off Christmas bark (remember Fall Bark?)

4. Lydia and Nathan (her preschool classmate who I watch on Mondays and Tuesdays) making sugar cookies and adding sprinkles.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: