Friday, February 12, 2010

Night Hike

This past weekend my parents came over for a visit. Saturday was a beautiful winter day with temps in the mid 20s and fresh snow on the ground from earlier in the week. We took advantage and headed up to High Cliff for a candlelight hike. This was the first time we'd hiked by candlelight in the snow. What fun! The park rangers had luminaries along the 1.3 mile trail, a bonfire about half way to stop and warm ourselves, and another fire in the pavilion upon completing the hike. High Cliff only has this event once a winter so we'll certainly have to mark it on our calendar for next year.

1. My parents, my kids, and me by a luminary.

2. My happy, hiking family.

3. A luminary.

4. The trail ahead of us as we neared the end.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: