Friday, February 12, 2010

Tasty Tuesday on Friday

The original recipe for these cookies are called Apple Oatmeal in a cookbook I have, but I've played with the recipe to make them very healthy (for cookies) so I think I've earned the right to rename them. They're a soft, cake-like cookie that reminds me of the flavor of a granola bar.This time I doubled the recipe and they don't quite fit in my fancy coffee can cookie jar. Happy baking!

Guilt Free Cookies

1 cup flour (can use 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 white)

1tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

3/4 rolled oats ( NOT quick cook, uncooked)

1/2 c brown sugar

1 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp nutmeg

1 tsp vanilla

1 egg

1/2 c apple sauce

1 medium apple cored and grated (I didn't even peel it)

1/2 c raisins (I used golden the first time and standard this time)

2/3 c chopped nuts (I used hickory)

Combine first 7 ingredients. Stir in apple sauce, egg, and vanilla. Stir in apple, raisins, and nuts. Drop onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: