Friday, February 12, 2010

Twice

One seemingly normal Saturday evening after her bath Lydia was sent to brush the tangles out of her hair. When she encountered difficulties she took the matter into her own hands and, using a scissors, removed the tangles. I don't have a picture of what it looked like when she was done but think bad 80s mullet. The sides were choppy, the top of the back had uneven chunks removed, and then the middle of the back was still long and untouched. Before church the next morning I trimmed the best I could and created the pixie cut in picture #1. Later that week a friend took her to a salon with her own kids and the stylist evened things up a bit more for us. Then a week and a half later while I was switching the laundry loads in the basement Lydia decided once wasn't enough and she took a chunk out of her bangs almost down to the scalp she shown in picture #2. This time I about hit the roof, she got to stand in the corner for a loooooooong time, I'm not fixing it, and if she does it again I'm taking the clippers to her head so she can match the boys. Hopefully we're done with this now.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: