Tuesday, December 30, 2008

We Fondue. Do You?

My parents got me a fondue pot for Christmas. I was surprised. Although I love nearly all things cooking and baking I'd never tried to make fondue or even eaten it. But I do like dip and dipping every and any food. Since fondue is basically dip we tried it out tonight. I found a recipe for pizza fondue online and in true Jenny fashion used it as a guide to create my own original fondue.

My Pizza Fondue

1/2 jar any spaghetti sauce

about 4 oz. cream cheese (fat free worked here)

about 1 cup shredded pizza cheese

about 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

about 1 tsp garlic seasoning

about 1 TBSP Italian seasoning

We dipped in small sausage meatballs I made out of pork sausage and chunks of day old everything rolls from the Walmart bakery.

The kids all enjoyed the experience and think we should try chocolate fondue with strawberries next. (That is the picture on the box.) It was much easier than I thought so I'm thinking fondue will make in on the menu again soon.

1. "Thank you for taking my picture while I eat, Dear."-Nate

2. "I can play with my food and not get in trouble?? Great!"-Evan

3. A look in the pot.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: